The Human-Machine Partnership
At the recent Dell Technologies World 2019, held in Las Vegas, MIT Professor Erik Brynjolfsson and Affectiva CEO, Rana el Kaliouby, spoke about human-machine partnerships.
The session, entitled “How Emerging Technologies & Human Machine Partnerships Will Transform the Economy," focused not only on how technology has changed human society to date, but what the burgeoning efforts in artificial intelligence will mean for humanity in the future.
Among the key takeaways:
- You cannot replace old technologies with new technologies, without rethinking the organization or institution.
- We are now undergoing a triple revolution
– a rebalancing of mind and machine through Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
– a shift from products to (digital) platforms
– a shift from the core to crowd-based decision making