2023 MIT Platform Strategy Summit
Registration is now open. Secure early bird pricing now through June 19 before ticket prices increase on June 20. Please continue to check this space for agenda updates.
July 13, 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
MIT Media Lab
75 Amherst St
Cambridge, MA 02139
The Future of the Platform Economy
Platforms have revolutionized the way we conduct business, communicate, and interact with each other. Over the past decade, platforms have disrupted traditional business models and have become an important force in the global economy. But what about the future? Where are platforms heading in the future, how have new technologies impacted the ecosystem, and what impact will they have on business strategy, technology adoption, regulation, and broader society?
This year the MIT Platform Strategy Summit will focus on the future of platforms with leading business leaders, entrepreneurs, policy makers and scholars. Among the important trends that will be discussed include:
- The rapid adoption of artificial Intelligence. Platform companies have emerged as both major providers of AI as well as important users. AI algorithms will be used to analyze data, personalize user experiences, and automate processes. This will lead to more efficient and effective platforms that can deliver personalized content and services to users. But with the promise of AI, also comes the peril.
- Continued expansion of platforms into new markets. As more people gain access to the internet and mobile devices, digital platforms are transforming how people buy, sell and interact around the world. A major force in this area is the rise of social commerce, influencer marketing, and the role that creators increasingly play in contributing content to digital platforms, often in collaboration with brands.
- The role that platforms and marketplaces can play in addressing the pressures for industries to become more sustainable. Through their ability to discover, match and transact at scale platforms can power circular economy opportunity for reuse, recycling, recovery, and waste reduction.
- The pandemic’s influence on supply chains has been transformative.
- At the same time, regulatory measures may be imposed that constrain platform growth and operations.
Join us on Thursday, July 13, 2023 at the MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA for a rich examination of where the global platform economy is heading next.
All times below are in ET.